Updated: April 5, 2020
Services include links to third-parties such as social media channels and retailers. Any mention of or links to third-party companies does not constitute support, approval, or endorsement of their products or services. They have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions of use. It is your responsibility to read their policies and terms to decide whether to agree to them.
Your Personal Data Rights
- You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you.
- If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information
- You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of Services. You may ask us to delete your Personal Information from our databases by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you delete your Personal Information from these database, you may be unable to further benefit from use of certain portions of Services.
You can remove data held by third-parties by reaching out to them.
After deleting your information from our Services databases, if you do not turn off cookies and third-party permissions, your information could be collected again, if you use any Services and ads, not specifically targeted to you.
Personal Information Gathered
Personal information collected is done to provide you with the best experience using Services. There are two types of data gathered, those you directly share and those gathered automatically.
Personal information you voluntarily share directly with us online and offline include items such as: forms you fill-out, emails you send to us, mail sent to our postal address, messages/comments sent or made via social media/SMS (texting)/social messaging services/chat apps, telephone, and/or mobile push notification replies. Information obtained may include:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Social media account ID
When information is requested, you have option to decline. By declining you, you may not be able to use the features offered in Services.
If you choose to share information with others on Services (such as a public post, forum, etc.), you do so willingly. We cannot be held responsible for what they do with your information.
If you send postal mail, email, or make a comment in any Service, you agree to receive a written reply and shall not be considered spam.
Personal information gathered automatically online includes: information from third-parties that gather information and retain records of information and use. Third-parties have privacy policies that allow you to control data shared. In addition, mobile devices provide you ability to control or disable location services for applications on your device via the device settings menu.
Personal information collected automatically via third-parties when you interact with The Services include:
- Information such as device ID or unique identifier, device type, advertising ID, and unique device token
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on page views; length of visit; referral URL; ad data/statistics such as click-thru rates, engagement, viewing time; IP address; conversion data; browsing history; and chat/messaging interactions
- Location information derived from IP address or information such as city, postal code, or country
- App usage information
This information is collected via cookies or similar technologies:
- Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, and other such similar technologies (herein referred to as Cookies) are used to gather information from all devices (computers, tablets, mobile phones, etc.) regarding pages you view, links you click on, and other actions you take when you use The Services. Cookies are instrumental for The Services in:
- Helping to keep them safe and secure
- Tailoring and/or targeting ads and posts based on demographics, interest, and/or behavior
- Limiting the number of ads or pop-ups served
- Ensuring proper performance of The Services including identifying issues with broken links, pages non-functioning, etc.
- Improving the performance and features
- Operating chat/messaging platforms
- Identifying fraudulent or malicious activity
- Measuring performance of advertising and remarketing
- Garnering a better understanding of the interested audience
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our website, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group. If you under the age of 13, you must obtain consent from your legal guardian.
How Personal Information is Used
Personal information is used to provide and improve Services, such as personalized marketing and advertising activities; execute your requests; contact/reply to you; provide customer service; and comply with governing laws or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation. It is also used to investigate, detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraud and security breaches, as well as preventing malicious software attacks, illegal or prohibited activities and enforce of Terms & Conditions of Use.
- Measure performance of email campaigns by analyzing open rates, click-thru rates, etc. Data is gathered/reported by MailChimp.
- Measure activity and improve performance of our website, identify usage trends, tailor the Site’s experience and content based on your past activities on the Site, backing up of site, and gauge customer satisfaction and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues). Data gathered/reported by Google Analytics and WordPress.
- Measure activity and improve performance of app. Data gathered by Appypie.com
- Measure activity and improve performance of advertising and marketing efforts via social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. (herein referred to as “Social Media Channels”) and Google Adwords. Data gathered/reported by the respective companies.
- Measure and improve performance of chats via Social Media Channels and third-party apps such as ManyChat, FB Messenger, and other such communication technologies
- Authenticate your email address for receiving information. Service provider is MailChimp.
- Deliver targeted advertising and marketing services, promotional offers, etc. via Social Media Channels, email marketing, apps, and chat. Nothing you mention in email, postal mail, voice mail, or phone is used to target ads.
- Remarketing using social media custom audience features such as those offered in Social Media Channels and Google Adwords
- Contact you via methods in which you have provided information such as email, postal mail, phone number, messaging services via social media platforms and apps to address questions/concerns, provide product information/signing information, participate in polls, surveys, sweepstakes and instant win promotion, inform you of publisher activities/information, process rewards and prizes, as well as to inform you of policy matters
Reasons Your Information May Be Shared
We share your personal data only with your consent or when required by law or to respond to a legal inquiry/process, or as necessary to for security purposes to prevent/stop a malicious attack on computer systems/networks. In the event of a merger or sale of assets, we may disclose your personal data.
- Sharing with business partners, suppliers, or sub-contractors to maintain and optimize Services
- Links to third-party websites/apps (once you visit their site/app your data is governed by their privacy policies) to optimize user experience.
All data with the exception of postal mailing addresses are maintained by third-parties noted above under “How personal information is used.” Postal mailing addresses are stored on a secure server in the United States.
Ways to Manage Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, correct, request deletion, or request restriction for usage of your personal information as required by law. Data is stored by third-party providers with the exception of postal mailing address which are stored by us.
Each third-party we use, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, MailChimp, Google Analytics, and more have their own privacy policies that allow you to control your information. Should you click through to a third-party, your data is governed by their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use. It is important that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use.
Below are third-parties that Services utilize:
- Google Analytics
If you visit our Site using a mobile device (e.g. a smartphone or tablet), you can refuse the future use of Google Analytics. By refusing, a cookie will be placed in your browser, which signals to us that we should prevent Google Analytics from using your device. Please keep in mind that you will have to repeat the refusal process if you remove the cookies from your browser.
- Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
With your permission, our Site utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement and to serve targeted advertisements. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. If you are younger than this age, you must obtain consent from your legal guardian.
Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission:
- MailChimp Email Marketing
Email information is stored on contracted email provider of MailChimp. If at any point after signing up to receive email communications you decide that you no longer wish to receive communications, you can unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the email.
In addition, for email you may also be able to refuse image web beacons by turning off HTML images or select to received text only emails via the email software that you use.
- Postal Mailing List
If you choose to be removed from the postal mailing list, you can reach out to us via email@example.com
You can clear your browsing history and cookies on your internet browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Windows Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
We use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from third-parties such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest to advertise and present special offers and news to you via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting The Services. In addition, we may use custom audiences based on emails of subscribers and customers. This allows us to advertise our products and present special offers for our products via Facebook. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you with our advertisements and special offer.
http://eepurl.com/cTtS09 Become a VIP, get FREE gifts and latest news http://www.lyndareesauthor.com Website https://twitter.com/LyndaReesauthor Twitter https://www.facebook.com/lynda.rees.author/ Facebook https://www.pinterest.com/lyndareesauthor/pins/ Pinterest
We take all steps to reasonably necessary to protect that your data is stored securely.
Any transmission of information via the internet including email is never completely secure. We make every effort to protect your information however we are not able to guarantee or warrant the security of your data. Transmission of data is at your own risk.
Email addresses and data maintained through Google Analytics are maintained indefinitely.
We will respond to any inquiries within 30 days.
Lynda Rees, Author
Sweetwater Publishing Company
6694 Highway 17 North
Demossville, KY 41033
Terms & Conditions of Use
LyndaReesAuthor.com and the LyndaRees app are intended for personal, non-commercial use. Users are granted a nonexclusive and limited as well as revocable right to hyperlink to LyndaReesAuthor.com website. In doing so, you agree to not portray us and/or their respective products or services in a derogatory, offensive, misleading, or false manner.
In addition, you agree to:
- Not use any data miners, bots, crawlers, scrapers or other such technologies to access or copy any part of the LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com sites or LyndaRees app
- Not to do anything that hinders workings of the LyndaReesAuthor.com website or LyndaRees app or blocks, or restricts access to any part of the site or app
- Not to use any of our service marks, logos or content in meta tags
- Not to reproduce or modify the LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com sites, LyndaRees app or content
- You will not place spyware, malware, virus, worm, Easter egg, Trojan Horse, or other similar computer code, file, or program on LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app.
- Not transmit or post any threatening, obscene, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, inflammatory, defamatory, pornographic, profane, or other that would constitute a criminal offense, violate a law, or give rise to civil liability.
- Not harass, abuse, threaten, stalk, or violate the legal rights of others
- Not collect or harvest personally identifiable information regarding other users of LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app nor will you impersonate or falsely represent your affiliation with another person or entity
- Not use LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app for unlawful or fraudulent purposes
- Not post any unsolicited or unauthorized promotional messages or materials, advertising, “chain letters,” “spam,” “pyramid scheme,” or any form of solicitation
- Not use any tool or device to index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way reproduce, mirror, alter, or circumvent the structure or presentation of LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app.
The LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app contain content that protected by copyrights. You may not modify, augment, remove, copy, publish, post, transmit, distribute, or sell any of the content or creative works.
Should you choose to provide us suggestions, modifications, or improvements, you are granting us unrestricted, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid right to use the information you shared in any manner and for any purpose. Any information that you share may be publicly accessible.
LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our website, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group. If you are younger than this age, you must obtain consent from your legal guardian.
If you send postal mail, email, or make a comment on our products or services you are agreeing to receiving a written reply and shall not be considered a spam response.
Disclaimers and Limited Liability
We and our affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees are not responsible for nor makes any warranties, express or implied, as to the content provided on LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app.
Any mention of or links to third-party companies does not constitute support, approval, or endorsement of their products or services. They have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions of use. It is your responsibility to read their policies and terms to decide whether to agree to them.
We cannot be held responsible for any technical malfunctions including that of telephone or cable lines or networks, computer equipment, computer software, servers/providers, or third-party websites or apps. In addition, we will not be held responsible or liable for any damage or loss, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of our products and/or services.
We make every reasonable effort to provide accurate, up-to-date information. We do not assume liability or responsibility for any errors or omission.
We use reasonable efforts in collecting, preparing and providing quality information and material however we do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, or currency of the information contained in or linked to within LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app.
Should you have a complaint regarding LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app, or Terms and Conditions of use, please contact via postal mail or email as outlined below. Note that transmission of information via mail may not be secure therefore it is recommended that you do not send sensitive information via email.
Lynda Rees, Author
Sweetwater Publishing Company
6694 Highway 17 North
DeMossville, KY 41033
Should you have a dispute with us or third-parties, you release LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app and respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from any and all claims of every nature known and unknown.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and our respective officers, directors, agents, suppliers, and employees harmless from any claim including attorney fees arising out of use of LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app.
LyndaReesAuthor.com, SweetwaterPublishingCompany.com or LyndaRees app and their respective officers, directors, agents, suppliers, and employees shall not be held liable for damages or failure in performance that are beyond control, including without limitation, acts of nature, explosions, power surges, acts of God, war, revolution, civil unrest, acts of military authorities or public enemies, labor unrest (strikes, slowdowns, picketing or boycotts, fuel or energy shortages, etc.).
These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Kentucky, U.S.A.